Mr. Senrick--Teacher/World Traveler

Mr. Senrick--Teacher/World Traveler
Educators to Saudi Arabia 2007

Monday, February 26, 2007

One Month and Counting...

With this entry I officially start my blog on my Saudi Arabia Trip. Already in preparation I have read from James Wynbrandt's A Brief History of Saudi Arabia, particularly the sections on Muhammad's life in the Kingdom and modern, 20th century history. I have also read articles from the Arab Times and National Geographic. I have been listening to the Pimsleur Arabic CDs and can say good morning, please, thank you, and other helpful phrases. I sent in both my passport and Saudi Arabian visa application and am anxiously awaiting the official pass to visit the country. I am in contact with a few other teachers, including past and present participants, and we've discussed our backgrounds, teaching styles, follow-on plans and curiousities about the trip. One month from today I will be starting this journey...and I can't wait! I hope that people will tune in to this blog to hear my perspective on Saudi Arabia.

5 comments:

Jim from Minnesota said...

Mr. Senrick:

Good luck in your travels and learning. You are a worthy representative. Please post many pictures and keep in touch with your friends in Minnesota--we will be watching!

Unknown said...

YO senrick!! This is Amanda morrissey. Well wow you did a lot of work just to go the this place. Well can you tell me how to say some of those helpful phrase! Everyone in class is doing good some seat where ever but they don't talk. Wow! Well i hope you have fun. Yeah get this i was at the bathroom when Ms.Moe collected the essay and no one told me so i never handed it in. sad :-( But then i went back after school. Well i wish you could e-mail us back. Yeah!! sorry this is so long i just like to talk what can i say! Well cant watie until you get back i hope you have lots of FUN!!

Unknown said...

Yo senrick well you did a lot! well every one is doing good!! I hope you are having fun lots lots lots of fun. If there is someway you can e-mail back then do so!!

Anonymous said...

hey senrick!!
This is Samantha! I hope that your trip is going good and that you're learning a lot. Be sure to take lots of pictures so you can show the class.... just remember your technique. Everything's going good here! Have a good rest of your trip... I know I'll have fun writing that essay over spring break. haha

Anonymous said...

hey senrick!

This is Samantha! I hope that your trip is going good and that you're learning a lot. Be sutre to take lots of pictures to show to the class.... just remember your technique. Everyting's going good here! I hope that the rest of your trip is fun!